This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, accessible at https://archatl.com/, and other associated webpages operated by the Archdiocese or by any of the Archdiocese’s affiliates (in each case the “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website that may include websites operated by Parishes, schools, and other affiliated entities.
Information We Collect About you and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, or date of birth (“personal information”); and
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details, browsing actions, and patterns.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, from Google Analytics, a web analytics service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletters, signing up for our email lists, posting material, purchasing items from our gift store, making donations, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order or making a donation through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, such as calendar events, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here https://allaboutdnt.com/ for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website. Our website is configured to recognize Do Not Track settings.
The information we collect via such automatic data collection technology does not include personal information. The use of such information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Archdiocese, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. An opt-out cookie can then be set which prevents further collection of your data through Google Analytics when you visit the Website. This is particularly recommended when accessing our site via mobile devices.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information about the Archdiocese.
- To provide you with information or items from our online store that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Archdiocese, our parishioners, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Informational Material from the Archdiocese. If you wish to opt out of receiving emails from the Archdiocese, you can select the “unsubscribe” link in our email correspondence.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 through the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases or donations through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California Do-Not-Track Disclosure. Our website is configured to recognize Do Not Track settings. Do-not-track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user activates the do-not-track settings in browsers that offer this setting, the browser sends a message to websites or applications requesting them not to track the user. For more information about do-not-track matters, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
- Information on Marketing Disclosures. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The Archdiocese uses NeonCRM to provide secure online payments for items purchased through our online store.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Via mail at: 2401Lake Park Dr. Smyrna, Ga 30080-8862
Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via telephone at: 404-920-7344